Have the perfect piece for your site!
Wow Gabrielle I love it. I can’t believe you finished it so quickly thank you.
Thanks Gabrielle for my beautiful painting. It arrived safely and is now gracing my loungeroom wall. It lives up to expectation with the colours matching the photo I saw on your website. Thanks for being so prompt in getting it to me. As an admirer of your art, I’m very excited to now have my very own Gabrielle Jones.
Jenny, Annandale, NSW
Artworks that have been successfully commissioned include the following
Installation Hub-Sydney Showroom
Small Worlds is a set of 24 paintings commissioned by the Director/Owner of the iconic Hub Furniture in Sydney and Melbourne. A small catalogue was produced and the paintings sold out in both Sydney and Melbourne within three weeks.
A second Commission was made of larger paintings – 16 in all. Currently on show till the end of August.
Chasing Rabbits 152x122cm Acrylic on Canvas, Commissioned for a private residence in Lindfield, NSW.
Image: Allity Independent Living, Wahroonga -Passion Play in Lounge, Mojo II Print in bedroom sitting area; Enchanting Light in Dining area; and eight Archival Art Prints; as well as the purchase of four existing paintings.
Images: TouchStone I and II, Residential Commission, Brisbane
Ku Ring Gai Hospital, Sydney – 5 Large works on paper from the Folded Series, including: Awakening (100x70cm; Natural Formation 79x170cm; and Ripple 79 x 130cm all ink and acrylic on paper construction.
Petalura Village, Independent Living Katoomba – Abundance II 101 x 75cm
Image: Residential development North Shore- Perfume II 70x100cm Acrylic on paper
Image: Residential project, North Shore. “Pine Valley II” 100 x 250cm Acrylic on Fabriano Paper
We certainly have received [the paintings], and they are beautiful! …You are a talented lady – thank you, thank you.
Rachael, Hub Furniture Sydney and Melbourne (Second Commission of artworks for retail sale -16 pieces)
Buying Process, Commissions and Returns Policy
How to buy a unique painting already on the website:
1. Select the “Enquire now” button and an email form addressed to me will pop up in your mail software, where you can nominate the painting(s) you are interested to purchase from me.
2. I will respond to your email within 48 hours (usually earlier, but I may be away or teaching!) to confirm availability and provide payment and delivery options. I’m also available on the phone or Skype, if you prefer to discuss the painting (s) in person– these details will appear at the bottom of the email reply.
3. Once the details are finalised, I will invoice you and, upon receipt of your payment at my bank, I’ll arrange secure delivery within one week and notify you when to expect your new painting.
4. I’ll follow up to make sure the delivery went smoothly and to check that you are delighted with your purchase.
Returns Policy – Purchase from Website:
If, after 7 days from the delivery date of your piece, you are at all unhappy with the painting(s), you may notify me that you wish to return it/them. I will arrange pick up and give you a full refund on the painting(s) -less the delivery and pick up costs at invoice.
How to commission a unique painting (What is “commissioning”?):
Put simply, it’s ordering a new painting from me, which I will then create especially for you. Usually you specify a size and colour bias (reds, blues, greens etc) and nominate a work or two from the website in a style or subject that you like.
Here’s what a commission could be:
You like my paintings, but want a piece that is slightly different in size, proportion or colour from what you’ve seen on this website, or require multiple pieces for a specific installation. I then consult with you regarding the best sizes and any variations, maybe come and look at your site, and make some suggestions to fit with your budget.
Here’s what I don’t do:
• I don’t make paintings in a style other than my own (so you can’t, for example, order a painting “like the one you saw in (insert Interiors magazine name here)” – unless it’s one of my paintings, of course!
• I paint only works that allow me to have a creative control and to which I have an affinity eg the landscape, abstract, gardens as per this website. I am open to which of the subjects you prefer from my website, but must be allowed creative input– after all, that’s why you liked my work in the first place!
The process of commissioning:
1. After you’ve clicked the ‘make an enquiry’ button, a form appears where you explain what you would like to commission from me, then we’ll talk about it in more detail on the phone, Skype or via email – whichever you prefer – to get clear idea of function, delivery dates, size, subject, proportions and budget.
2. Then I send you a proposal covering everything we’ve talked about for your special piece, including an image of an indicative (existing) painting, budget and timeframe, as well as payment options and details.
3. Once we’ve agreed on the proposal, indicative painting and price, you pay a 50% deposit, upon which I’ll order the material and schedule the making of your piece.
4. When the piece is ready, I will contact you regarding delivery; you pay the remaining balance, after which I deliver the piece to you.
Returns Policy – Commissions :
If, after 7 days from the delivery date of your piece, you are at all unhappy with the painting(s), you may notify me that you wish to return it/them. I will arrange pick up and give you a full refund on the painting -less the delivery and pick up costs at invoice– and less a 5% admin and materials fee on single pieces, 40% on multiple pieces.
Creativity is important to me, so that you know I would not deliver anything to you that I am not 100% confident is painted to the best of my ability and would therefore be happy to take back, expecting that I could on-sell it anyway. Multiple pieces attract a higher admin fee because they may be harder to on-sell due to your specific installation requirements and space available of the average purchaser.
Time – Commissions: Expect delivery 9-12 weeks from the date your deposit is paid.
Price – Commissions start at $3000
Please call for International shipping rates.
Payment Options – I prefer Direct debit into my bank account, but have Visa, Mastercard and Paypal options –I can also accept your personal cheque, but the processes mentioned above begin once the cheque has cleared at my bank.
Freight costs: Shipping is FREE Australia wide, but returns notified within 7 days of delivery will be charged at the cost to me of delivery and pick up-evidence of costs will be supplied to you, except where otherwise noted (eg Commissions).
Transport – the piece is shipped with a secure shipping service, depending on where in the world you live –small works via registered Australia Post, larger works via tracked Pack and Send Art Service or International Art Couriers. I only use the best value secure services.
All pieces shipped within Australia are FREE delivery. Please call, skype or email for International Shipping rates at cost.